Ciyé Hotel (“Ciyé Hotel”, “we”, “us” and “our”) takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously. Our Privacy Notice describes what information we collect from hotel guests, as well as visitors to the Ciyé Hotel website and mobile App, and the way in which Ciyé Hotel uses this information to better serve your needs.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that may identify or relate to you
as an identifiable individual. The personal information that we collect
about you could include:
1. Identity information – such as name, age, gender, passport
information or data from government-issued identity cards;
2. Contact information – such as your home address, zip/postal code,
email address and phone number;
3. Images – such as CCTV images, publicly available photographs
and images captured at events or during your stay
4. Financial and payment information – such as your credit card
details, itemized spending and transaction history;
5. Reservation information – such as the type and location of the
rooms you reserve and the dates of your reservations;
6. Health information – where disclosed and relevant to the provision
7. Preference information – such as special requests, service issues
and other preferences for your stay;
8. Public information – such as when we review public platforms to
understand what you are saying about us or the hospitality industry;
9. Technical information – such as information about the device you
use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier,
hardware model, IP address, geolocation, operating system and
version, and mobile network information and unique device
identifiers, in the case of our mobile App); and
10. Correspondence information – when you contact us, such as to
send an enquiry or make a request, any correspondence or
application may be kept and added to your personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
For each of the categories of personal information described above, we
use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use our website and our mobile App;
- to help us recognize or identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to provide superior customer service to you;
- to assist us in making your reservation and providing the services you
request at our property;
- to process transactions through our website (including taking payment for purchases you may make through our website) and to assist in any inquiries about your transaction;
- for billing purposes in relation to your stay with us;
- to confirm prior transactions and reconcile statements or invoices;
- to contact you in relation to matters that arise from your stay with us;
- to send you newsletters or marketing communications regarding our
properties and to advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that may be of interest to you;
- to personalize and enhance your online and guest experience;
- to conduct surveys or focus groups to receive your views of our
properties and service delivery;
- to respond to a specific "Information Request"
- for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, such as through
one of our on-line promotions or on third party social networks,
consistent with your preferences and applicable law;
- to analyze customer trends and insights; and
- to operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes and troubleshooting to help us improve our services.
Occasionally we will combine information from a number of Guests to better understand trends and your expectations. When this
occurs, all identifiers are removed and the aggregate, anonymized
information cannot be linked to any specific individual or household.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information on the following basis:
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including financial
reporting requirements imposed by government regulators and our
- to enter into agreements with you, and to perform our agreement to
provide services to you when you stay with us;
- for legitimate business purposes – using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimize any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalized to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective;
- because you have given your consent – at times we may ask for your
consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more
purposes. See the “Your rights” section for more information about the
rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your
- for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or as otherwise set forth in this Privacy Notice; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings.
How and from what sources is personal information collected?
For each of the categories of personal information and purposes
described above, we gather information when you provide it to us, or
interact with us directly, for example:
- when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on our
- when you make a purchase through our website;
- when you make a reservation online,
- during your stay at a hotel, including information provided during check-in.
We also collect your personal information while monitoring our
technology tools and services, including comment cards and email
communications sent to and from Ciyé Hotel.
Finally, we may collect your photograph from publicly available sources
so that we can recognize you in order to provide you with superior
Cookies and other data
How do we protect personal information?
We use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures and technologies to help preserve the integrity and security of your personal information, consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Also, while we endeavor to put adequate contractual protections in place, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information in databases hosted by third parties. For your protection, our e-mail responses to you will not include any sensitive personal information. Finally, to be prudent, please be sure to always close your browsers when you are done using a form or the reservation site. Although the session will terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is best to close your browsers immediately upon completion, especially when using a public computer.
Depending on applicable law, which may be determined by your country, region or state of residency, you may be able to exercise one or more of the following rights relating to our processing of your personal information. You may also have other rights under the laws of your jurisdiction of residence. To protect your personal information, we may require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made. This may involve providing us with information which we hold on file about you (e.g. a home or business address), or we may require you to produce some form of photo or government issued identification.
Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
We understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you, or to correct or delete certain information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request. Ciyé Hotel reserves the right to decline a request to access, correct or delete your personal information under certain circumstances as permitted by applicable law. In particular, there may be a variety of legitimate business reasons why we may be unable to delete your personal information and where we are permitted to decline your request to delete your information.
Right to decline marketing communications
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Ciyé Hotel, you may indicate your wishes on your registration card when you stay with us or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will always have the ability to accept or decline any form of communication from Ciyé Hotel. You may unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link included in such communications.
You may also be entitled to:
request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing; opt out from the processing or disclosure of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where Ciyé Hotel is processing your personal information based on your consent); and request the receipt or transmission to another company, in machine-readable form, of the personal information you have provided to Ciye Hotel. Where you are given the option to share personal information with Ciyé Hotel, you can always choose not to do so. If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described above (see ‘How do we use your personal information?’) or that you are unable to make use of the services offered by us. After you have chosen to withdraw your consent, Ciyé Hotel may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
If at any time you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by:
How long is my personal information retained?
Your personal information will be stored for the period of time required or permitted by law. This may involve retaining information following your stay. We will delete your personal information once it is no longer reasonably necessary for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with a legal action or an investigation involving Ciyé Hotel. Any financial information Ciyé Hotel retains will be protected under the terms of this Privacy Notice.